In the past few years, I’ve lost a lot of my self confidence. I’m not sure why but it sucks. It could be a combination of things, body changes, lack of sleep, pure exhaustion, this thing called motherhood. It’s a lot of changes in a very short amount of time and it’s taken a toll on me.
I’m so obsessed with this bow crepe top! I’m not usually a fan of strapless tops but this one is just so ME. You can read my review HERE. I wanted to give you a small update regarding sizing. I said previously that it ran on the smaller and it does however I tried to wear it without a padded strapless bra and it does not fit as well. Very loose and doesn’t look as flattering. I’m wearing this strapless bra and it stays up!
Don’t you love when you put on an outfit and you just instantly feel great? It’s crazy to think clothing can make such a difference but it does. Anytime I’m feeling not so great, I force myself to get dressed, put a little makeup on, attempt to comb my hair and go out. Obviously this is a rarity these days with Miss Milan by my side (not complaining) but as a new mommy, we tend to put ourselves and our needs last.
I’ve learned that it’s so important to take a few minutes out of the day to do something for yourself that makes you feel good. Even if it’s something as simple as doing your hair or putting on some makeup. Something. Anything. What makes you feel pretty or put together? It’s so easy to get into a rut and just let yourself go. I think if I wasn’t blogging for a living, it would be very easy for me to just not care about myself.
5 Tips to Looking and Feeling Great
1. Exercise – Even a short 15 minute walk will instantly make you feel better. I force myself to go for one every single day and it makes a huge difference. If you work out, even better. I need to make time to do this. If you work in an office building with stairs, skip the elevators and take the stairs instead.
2. Positive affirmations – I’ve always been a huge believer in positive affirmations. Saying positive things to yourself each morning will start your day off on the right food. I always say to Milan – today is a going to be a great day! So simple but so incredibly effective. Say something nice to yourself and repeat. At the end of the day, talk to your loved ones or spouse about your wins for the day. Even small things are considered wins. If Milan eats or poops, these are HUGE wins. If we got out of the house, that’s a win. Teaching your brain to think positive thoughts is NOT easy but with a little effort each day, it will change your life.
3. Put on a nice outfit – Get dressed. Put on your favorite jeans or shirt or whatever makes you feel GREAT. A nice outfit can change your mood, give yourself some confidence and boost your mood instantly. Nowhere to go? Doesn’t matter. Just get dressed and go anywhere! Who cares if you’re overdressed for the grocery store (lol).
4. Take a 5-10 minute mental break – Get off your phone. Stop scrolling through Instagram. Just take 5 minutes and just breathe. Close your eyes and think of nothing. If you don’t have 5 minutes, try to do it when you can. If you’re a mommy, do it after you put the kids to bed. If you work a desk job, do it during your lunch break. Find the time. Do it. It will make you feel good. I can’t even begin to tell you how much this has helped me not only in business but in my personal life as well.
5. Smile, Laugh and Breathe – It’s crazy to think something as simple as breathing can make a difference but it really can. Do you find yourself stressed out during the day and not really breathing? Of course you’re breathing because you’re alive but taking a deep breathe in and exhaling out is something we forget to do especially during those very tense stressful times. Breathing exercises can have a huge impact on your mood and health. Try it. Smiling and laughing are also things we don’t really think about but they both can do wonders for our appearance and mood. It can lower your blood pressure, relieve stress and just overall make you feel good! Laughing is most definitely the best medicine!
Rug: NuLoom (diamond gray) | Chair: Tufted pink slipper chair
I hope you find these tips helpful. I use them everyday and it really has helped me get through some tough times. Even when I think there is no way I am going to make it through the day, I remind myself to do one of these five things. 🙂
Top: Eliza J bow bow crepe top (size 0, cheaper HERE but runs big) | Skirt: H&M (old, cute HERE or HERE) | Shoes: Louboutin simple 100 pumps (similar HERE) | Watch: c/o kate spade metro bracelet watch | Cuff: c/o Kendra Scott elton station cuff | Similar nail polish HERE
SHOP THE POST